Fights are always almost present in any relationship and how to make up after that is a question. In fact, without any arguments, it won’t be a healthy relationship. New couples, even newlyweds, will come across difficult misunderstandings because they are still conforming to each other’s ways and attitudes. That is why it is agreeable every couple should know how to make up after a fight.
For every couple that wants to surpass from their disagreements and fights, it is helpful to understand how to make up after a fight. These are some of the ways to make up following a fight:
1. Avoid walking out from a fight. Unless you are really full of rage that you can be unpredictably scary, do not walk away or run off while there are still concerns to be discussed. Exert the effort and patience to calm yourself to be able to discuss things well with your partner. Do not just run off and leave your partner waiting to reconcile. The same with you, your partner is also trying hard to set aside their emotions just so you can settle your issues. It is rude to leave your partner hanging and will not be able to express what they want to say.
2. Make it clear to your partner that even if you are upset, you still love them. Also to yourself! Always remember that how mad you may be during your fight, you still love your partner. It is as well important that your partner knows you still love them even during heated arguments. This makes it much easier how to make up after a fight.
3. Issues may be seemed larger than it really is. This happens when both of you happen to be tired or already upset with something else prior to the fight. Your strong emotions during the fight will add up to the intensity of the issue. Anger usually is a big factor that makes an issue larger than it is. You will realize later, once calmed, that there was really no problem and might be even amusing if you think about it.
4. Express your feelings without insulting your partner and counting the past. It is advisable you convey all your feelings and all your point-of-views to your partner. But definitely do not add insulting words towards them. This is another story and could end up being another fight. The fight will not end once each one of you will always be kept insulted and hurt.
Leave out the past. Let the past be the past. When you start counting the past, there will also be no end for grudges. Learn to forgive and stop being bitter.
5. Learn how to compromise. This is vital on how to make up after a fight and in keeping a relationship. Both persons in a relationship are from different families, traits and backgrounds. What is suitable for them may not be suitable for you. But you can meet halfway. Find means both of you can agree and resolve things.
6. Apologize. Say sorry after all feelings are expressed and thought about. A simple “sorry” will create positive wonders in a relationship. That is why it is a magic word in the first place.
Keep in mind that in a relationship two people are involved. You do not only consider your side and feelings. Your partner has the same level of voice and opinion which should also be heard. When caught in a disagreement and fight, do not let it wait and make bitter. Seriously consider how to make up after a fight. This is a weighty component in keeping a relationship.
For further information,
If you enjoyed this article, please help RETWEET IT and help it spread viral to more people.